Just watched about more than half of “Miracle in Cell No. 7” and I had to hit the stop button on a pivotal moment because I couldn’t contain the emotions any longer and because my sister is watching it too and I don’t want to cry in her presence, it would be so embarrassing, so I’m just going to resume the movie later tonight in my room. I want to see it alone. Wew, what a morning.
you can almost tell
the kind of person that I am
by the room that I sleep in —
dingy, even in the day
with the windows half-closed
and a dull brick wall for a vista
a four-poster in wrinkled sheets
sagging, creaking under my weight
drawers and shelves in total disarray
a shy, potted plant
slowly withering in the corner
a calendar stuck in the same month
ever since new year’s eve
dusty photographs, unopened books
a noisy clock ticking towards oblivion
monsters under the bed
skeletons in the closet
and a sign on the door that says
“do not enter”
- is the 8th month of the year.
- one of 7 months having 31 days.
- originally named ‘Sextilis’ meaning the 6th month before January and February were added to the original 10-month calendar.
- named after the Roman Emperor Augustus, a nephew of Julius Ceasar.
- originally had only 30 days but was…